The museum visit
Enjoy an exciting process of discovery alone or with the family at the Lourdes Wax Museum. Across its five levels (with lift) it will allow you to explore the life of Jesus in the form of scenes reconstituted as faithfully as possible by historians and made up of life-size wax figures.
The Museum visit
Visitez Lourdes and its Wax Museum :
- On the ground floor is shown the life of Bernadette Soubirous : the apparitions of the Virgin Mary to the young shephardess, her interrogation, her examination, her death.
- From the 1er to the 4e floor is shown the life of Jesus. The Nativity, his entrance to Jérusalem, his temptation in the desert, the Last Supper as imagined by Leonardo da Vinci, the crucifixion, his interrment, his Resurrection, and Ascension. One room shows some great contemporary church figures including Pope Jean-Paul II welcoming Mother Theresa with cardinal Etchegaray at her side.
- On the 5e floor: enjoy the Lourdes panorama, the hiding place of the family Soubirous, a magnificent view of the sanctuaries, the way of the cross, the fortifications, and a new scene - a maquette of the town of Lourdes in 1858.
To make your visit even more informative and enjoyable there is an audioguide with choice of 8 languages :
- French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, and Polish.
- For group visitors there is an exclsuive audio system allowing all to enjoy the same scene commentary simultaneously.
Questions ? More information ? Contact the Museum site.